THE EUROPEAN AWARD FOR CITIZENSHIP, SECURITY AND DEFENCE
Call for Applications 2020
The European Award for Citizenship, Security and Defence is intended to reward outstanding efforts towards promoting European citizenship and European security and defence awareness. The prize was first awarded in 2011, under the High Patronage of the President of the European Council.
The prize is organised annually by the association “Civisme Défense Armée Nation” (CiDAN), together with the European Interparliamentary Security and Defence Association, with the support of the Behörden Spiegel.
The Berlin Security Conference, organized by this media, hosts the award ceremony.
The competition is open to all European citizens and legal entities (organisations, groups, associations, foundations, companies, military units and staffs, public and private educational establishments, including primary and secondary schools and universities, etc.) in all countries which are Members of the Council of Europe.
The main award areas concerned are the following :
- Promoting the European values,
- Tangible and visible achievements in promoting the European security and defence,
- Promoting European citizenship;
- Reinforcing resilience against all threats
- Promoting the key European security interests,
- Promoting the necessity of a powerful European Technological and Industrial Base
- Remembrance ceremonies and activities, in a spirit of reconciliation.
Candidates should forward an application form which must include:
- a presentation of the person(s) or organisation(s) involved,
- a one A4 page summary, including a short presentation and an account of achievements, means used and results obtained;
- a detailed account of what has been achieved, including the number of people who have benefited, from when and for how long;
- a detailed presentation of the means used,
- an assessment and validation of the results obtained.
The application may be written in English or in French and may include press articles, photos, films or any other form of media which highlight the achievements.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to email@example.com, and in printed form by post to:
9ter, rue Edouard LEFEBVRE
F 78000 VERSAILLES, France
More information, including the rules, can be obtained by writing to the address:
The deadline for applications, both by e-mail and in written form, is midnight (French time) on Wednesday 30 September 2020, midnight.
The award ceremony will take place during the Berlin Security Conference,
On 24 November 2020 in the
Andel’s Convention Center
Landsberger Allee 106 – D- 10369 Berlin