The European Award for Citizenship, Security and Defence
Call for Applications 2018
The European Award for Citizenship, Security and Defence is intended to reward outstanding efforts towards promoting European citizenship and European security and defence awareness. The prize was first awarded in 2011, under the High Patronage of the President of the European Council.
The prize is organised annually by the association “Civisme Défense Armées Nation” (CiDAN), together with the European Interparliamentary Security and Defence Association, with the support of the Behörden Spiegel.
The Berlin Security Conference, organized by this media, hosts the ceremony.
The competition is open to all European citizens and legal entities (organisations, groups, associations, foundations, companies, military units and staffs, public and private educational establishments, including primary and secondary schools and universities) in all countries which are Members of the European Union.
The main award areas concerned are the following :
- Promoting the European values of democracy and human rights,
- Tangible and visible achievements in promoting a sense of European citizenship,
- Raising awareness of European security and defence in schools and universities and among the public at large;
- Reinforcing resilience against terrorism,
- Promoting the concept of key European security interests,
- Promoting the awareness regarding the importance of a powerful European Technological and Industrial Base
- Remembrance ceremonies and activities including the centenary of the First World War.
Candidates should forward an application form which must include:
- a presentation of the person(s) or organisation(s) involved,
- a one A4 page summary, including a short presentation and an account of achievements, means used and results obtained;
- a detailed account of what has been achieved, including the number of people who have benefited, from when and for how long;
- a detailed presentation of the means used,
- an assessment and validation of the results obtained.
The application may be written in English or in French and may include press articles, photos, films or any other form of media which highlight the achievements.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and in printed form by post to:
9ter, rue Edouard LEFEBVRE
F 78000 VERSAILLES, France
More information, including the rules, can be obtained by writing to the address: email@example.com
The deadline for applications, both by e-mail and in written form, is midnight (French time) on Sunday 30 September 2018.
The award ceremony will take place at 19h20 on Tuesday 27 November 2018,
during the Berlin Security Conference, in the
Andel’s Convention Center
Landsberger Allee 106 – D- 10369 Berlin